Trekking Bac Ha and Ha Giang Explore Miraculous Land 8days
Highlight: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Bac Ha – Hiking – Quan Hoa – Lu Suoi Tung Village – Ta Cu Ty Village – Sung Ngam Village – Nam Dan commune – Nam Nhung Village – Nam Choong Village – Quang Nguyen – Cao Son – Trung Son – Tan Minh – Ho Thau – Ho Xan – Nam Son – Panhouse Every Sunday, Bac Ha hosts the biggest fair near the mountainous highlands and the Chinese border. It is the largest and most colourful market in the area and attracts throngs of villagers from the surrounding hill tribes. Some walk several hours for the weekly opportunity to trade and barter food, animals, clothes and household goods. 80km from Sapa, Bac Ha Market is not only the place for buying and selling, but also a place for cultural and sentiment exchanging. On the market days, right from the early morning, all paths and mountain roads are full of people and horses pouring to the market. People usually sit in groups around a soup pan (“thang co”) eating and chatting. Many different ethnic groups such as Flower H’mong, Phu La, Black Dao, Tay and Nung minorities gather to buy and sell local products that cannot be found elsewhere. The market was very crowded, local products for sale or barter are carried on horseback. Besides the usual items like pigs, cows, chickens, and ducks, Bac Ha Market sold dogs. As dogs were available as cuts of meat, they were also available live, right next to the live pigs, chickens, and other livestock. There was a brisk trade at the market for everything from hand-embroidered skirts to all manner of 4-legged animals. The “fresh” meat section is not for the faint of heart and might steer more than a few visitors in the direction of strict vegetarianism.
Note on client safety
– We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
– The price above is included US$.10 from each clients to be donated to the project for practicing sustainable tourism in Ha Giang Province and Green Trail Tours will represent all our clients in right usage of these donation.
• English or French speaking guide
• Porters (to carry food and luggage)
• Train ticket ( soft sleeper cabin for 4 passengers)
• Cook (from group sizes of 6 pax)
• All needed transport
• All indicated meals, plus snacks (B as breakfast; L as lunch; D as dinner)
• Water on the whole trip
• Sleeping bag and mattresses
• Waterproof bluebag for luggage
• Mosquito net
• All entrance fees and permit
• Overnight in local house or tent
• Personal Pocket Money
• Soft drink (beer, coca cola…)
• All other services not indicated above